Last updated: 21 April 2018
Data Protection Education Ltd ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Our Privacy Notice is fueled by our commitment to the following Privacy Principles:
We’re deeply committed to creating a safe and secure online environment for you.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We strive to provide you with access to and control over the information you give us, and we take the protection of your information very seriously.
We do not use third-party tracking and monitoring cookies for analytics or other purposes.
We do not advertise on Data Protection Education.
This policy will be updated when the current Data Protection Bill, implementing GDPR in UK Law passes through parliament. However Data Protection Education is committed to compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Data Protection Education Ltd, 1, Saltmore Farm, New Inn Rd, Hinxworth, Baldock SG7 5EZ
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about yourself by filling in forms on dataprotection.education (“our site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service(s), participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, take part in a promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, information on your place of work and job role, and other requested information. We will store and process this information on this website, in our CRM (Salesforce) and email systems (Google apps, operated by Learn to Enterprises Ltd.)
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- We do not aggregate your data with that from other sources. However, if you school subscribes to our services, we will use the data entered into this site as the basis for your account details unless we are instructed otherwise.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We have removed our newsletter functionality and destroyed all subscriber data. News and updates will be published on our blog. We may keep your data if you request information for non-newsletter services.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you. These inlcude businesses or individuals who may be shareholders and consultants in order to deliver the services that we offer to you.
- Development partners, analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
- Business partners where you have given us consent to share your details in order for them to contact you regarding services they provide (for example GDPR software or legal services)
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Data Protection Education Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be processed offline, or when online encrypted (using SSL technology). Where we process credit card payments, this will be done by a third-party gateway and we do not process your payment details. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. We do not charge for providing information, however we will onyl provide information that is not already available to you.